[Pollinator] FW: A&S Dean position announcement

Jennifer Tsang jt at pollinator.org
Mon Nov 29 15:58:22 PST 2010

Thanks to Peter Bernhardt for forwarding the below/attached.

  _____

From: Peter Bernhardt [mailto:bernhap2 at slu.edu]

Dear Colleagues:

Saint Louis University will have a position open for a new Dean of Arts and
Sciences  open in 2011 (see attached).  From my point of view, it would be
nice if someone with a degree in Biology filled it but our university will
consider all PhDs.  Please circulate this information with contacts
interested in an administrative position.  Remember, if a Dean at an
American institution steps down or is asked to step down by the
administration the former Dean has the right to join another department
within the same university.  If your PhD is in Biology you can join the
Department of Biology after your stint of being a Dean ends.

Sincerely, Peter Bernhardt

Dear Colleagues,

Attached are the job advertisements (long version and truncated version of
about 400 words) for the A&S Dean position.  You may distribute the
advertisements to listservs or send it to individuals.  The advertisements
will go to the Chronicle of Higher Education (print and online) and will be
posted on other appropriate sites.  A website describing the position is
available at http://www.slu.edu/x43687.xml

Best regards,
Jon