[Pollinator] Riverfest Party, Saturday, Sept 18, near Fredericksburg, VA

Tom Van Arsdall tom at vanarsdall.com
Sun Sep 12 08:04:47 PDT 2010

Dear friends and colleagues:

You know what they say about all work and no play..well, if next Saturday
not already booked on your calendar, Friends of the Rappahannock's (FOR)
20th Riverfest is a can't miss FUN, PLAY opportunity-plus you're supporting
a great cause.

.         Go to
http://www.riverfriends.org/Events/Riverfest2010/tabid/91/Default.aspx for
more details, easy directions (map at bottom), and to order on line.
They'll hold your tickets for you at the "Will Call" Table at the event.

.         Saturday, Sept 18, 5-9 PM.

.         Steamed crabs, baby back ribs and dinner buffet (yes, including
great selection for vegetarians!), open bar, live entertainment, and live
and silent auctions.

.         Overlooking the Rappahannock River on historic Farley Vale Farm,
just east of Fredericksburg on State Route 3.

.         Make a weekend of it.  Plenty of historic attractions, plus B&B's
and other lodging in the area.  Check out http://www.visitfred.com.

For those of you who haven't heard, I moved to a new watershed address
(mouth of Chester River on the Bay) last May, now living and working on a
houseboat on Kent Island in Maryland.  Life is indeed grand!  While I
"retired" from the FOR Executive Committee after 15 years, FOR and the
Rappahannock are forever a part of me.   I'll be at Riverfest (as a hearty
partier, not a volunteer this time!) with my younger son John, his wife
Morgan and my new grandson Andrew!  Hope to see you there.

Dale Hollow 2008 Tuck Cropped.jpg

Tom

Tom Van Arsdall

   (703) 509-4746