[Pollinator] Squash bees

Margarita Maria Lopez mm_lopezu at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 15:34:38 PDT 2011

Dear all,

My name is Margarita Lopez-Uribe. I'm a graduate student at Cornell University in Bryan Danforth's Lab. For my PhD thesis, I am conducting a population genetic study of Peponapis pruinosa across its current range in North America (US, Mexico and Canada). For this purpose, I need samples from as many populations of Peponapis pruinosa as I can get across its current range.

I would greatly appreciate your help in this project. I would like to know if any of you would be willing to collaborate with me on the sampling of the bees. Basically, I need specimens of bees preserved in alcohol for the genetic analysis. Both males and females (between 30-50 specimens per site, if possible) will be perfect!

If you are willing to help, please send me an email (mayalopez at gmail.com). I will ship vials of ethanol for collecting bees and of course I will cover the cost of return postage.

I thank you in advance for you time and help.

Sincerely,
Margarita M Lopez-Uribe