[Pollinator] Counting Bumble Bees in the Peace Garden

Ashley Minnerath ashley at xerces.org
Mon Aug 22 12:32:06 PDT 2011

Greetings,

Check out this article in the Southwest Minneapolis Patch:

"Counting Bumble Bees in the Peace Garden"

By Marsha Trainer

Elaine Evans got stung three times on Sunday, but didn't complain a bit. A
bumble bee researcher, it's all in a day's work as she visited Lyndale Park
<http://www.minneapolisparks.org/default.asp?PageID=4&parkid=347>  to
monitor the bee population in and around the Peace Garden
<http://southwestminneapolis.patch.com/listings/peace-garden> .

She was drawn to the park after a citizen snapped a photo of a bumble bee
there and sent it to The Xerces Society <http://www.xerces.org/>  as part of
an effort to document declining bee species in the area.

To read the entire article, click on or copy and paste the URL below into
your web browser:

http://southwestminneapolis.patch.com/articles/counting-bumble-bees-in-the-p
eace-garden#photo-7377914

Ashley Minnerath

Pollinator Program Assistant

The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation

1971 - 2011: Forty Years of Conservation!

We've moved! Please note our new address:

628 NE Broadway Suite 200, Portland, OR, 97232 USA

 <mailto:ashley at xerces.org> ashley at xerces.org

Tel: (503) 232-6639, ext. 102

Toll free: 1-855-232-6639, ext. 102

Fax: (503) 233-6794

The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation is an international
nonprofit organization that protects wildlife through the conservation of
invertebrates and their habitat.

To join the Society, make a contribution, or read about our work, please
visit  <http://www.xerces.org/> www.xerces.org/

NEW BOOK NOW AVAILABLE:

<http://www.xerces.org/announcing-the-publication-of-attracting-native-polli
nators/> Attracting Native Pollinators. Protecting North America's Bees and
Butterflies