[Pollinator] Eucerine bees of Mesoamerica

Peter Bernhardt bernhap2 at slu.edu
Thu Dec 8 06:47:12 PST 2011

Dear Colleagues:

Please read the following message from A. Dorchin. If you think you can
help this post-doc candidate please contact Dr. "Amots Dafni" <
amots.dafni at gmail.com>. In particular, Dorchin is looking for appropriately
collected specimens from Mexico and Central America.

Peter Bernhardt

Dear colleagues,****

I would like to ask your kind help with obtaining eucerine bee species for
my study.****

I am currently planning a Post-Doc project on the phylogeny of eucerines
and on the evolution of their floral choice, ideally to be performed under
the supervision of Dr. Andreas Muller at the ETH University in Zurich. For
this project I would have to allocate representatives of as many eucerine
taxa as possible. I am looking for people who ether collect bees in the
field or have access to collections, especially of new world faunas, in
which this group is highly diverse. I will be grateful to have freshly
collected bees or to be addressed to potentially helpful colleagues.
Anyhow, the bees should be collected using non-harmful techniques for DNA
(like in cyanide killing jars or in ethanol) as to permit the application
of molecular techniques for my desired phylogenetic study. In return I can
provide any available bee taxa of interest from our diverse local, East
Mediterranean fauna. ****

Kind regards and many thanks in advance,****

 ****

Achik Dorchin****