[Pollinator] Publication of High Quality Papers from X International Symposium on Pollination & other news!

Peter Kevan pkevan at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jun 2 08:34:59 PDT 2011

Hello!

I am really pleased to be able to state that the on-line journal Pollination
Ecology has indicated that a special issue can be assembled from quality
presentations for the upcoming symposium.  Thank you Carolin! All papers
submitted for possible publication by authors from the symposium will be
properly peer-reviewed because, as a newish Journal, Pollination Ecology is
sensitive to the need for content of the highest quality.

Please make your bookings and such to attend the Symposium as soon as you
can.  It promises to be very diverse in content, up-to-the-minute as
informative in many aspects of pollination, and the business meeting has the
exciting task of considering a change in the name and mandate of ICPBR to
ICPPR so that Bee become substituted with the word Pollinator!

The field trip to the Sierra Madre Oriental will be an extra special
experience.  I know, I have been to the sites we will visit.

The workshop on Canadian-Latin American practical pollination co-operation
is open to all.  It will be a brainstorming session on what can we do to
co-operate and will be interesting to people from other countries as to the
potential for international co-operations.

We received funding for participants from several sources, including the
IUBS, CONABIO, NSERCanada, and some industry sources.

Wonderful!

Peter