[Pollinator] Fwd: DoD NR Program Now Tweeting!

Ladadams at aol.com Ladadams at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 15:49:19 PDT 2011

____________________________________
 From: Peter.Boice at osd.mil
To: Peter.Boice at osd.mil
CC:  dodnrconservation at bah.com
Sent: 6/20/2011 2:01:18 P.M. Pacific Daylight  Time
Subj: DoD NR Program Now Tweeting!

Greetings!
The Department of Defense (DoD)  Natural Resources Program is launching a
Twitter account: DoDNatRes…Come check  us out!
We are excited to join the  Twitter community and hope you will take the
time to follow us. For those new  to the social media world, Twitter is a
communications platform that allows  users to share news, links, statistics, and
fun facts in 140 characters or  less.
Follow us and learn about DoD’s  natural resources activities, successes,
and goals by visiting _http://twitter.com/#!/DoDNatRes_
(http://twitter.com/#!/DoDNatRes)  and  clicking “follow” under our logo or, if you prefer,
create your own personal  account at _www.twitter.com_ (http://www.twitter.com/)
.
This is an exciting new endeavor  for our Program. Our goal is to use
Twitter to engage new partners and better  communicate with existing ones. Please
follow us on this new adventure, and  please forward this email and share
the news…We’d like lots of followers –  including and especially the
soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines for whom we  all strive to provide the best
training environments possible! You can let  them know that through our
tweets, interested stakeholders from around the  world can directly interact with
the DoD Natural Resources Program, which has  a dual mission of enabling
the military’s testing and training mission by  ensuring that servicemen and
women have continued access to realistic habitat  conditions, while
simultaneously sustaining our nation’s priceless natural  heritage.
Thank you for your continued  support of the DoD Natural Resources Program.
Respectfully,
Peter
L. Peter  Boice
Deputy  Director, Natural Resources