[Pollinator] Pollination of Cypripedium reginae publication

Peter Bernhardt bernhap2 at slu.edu
Tue Mar 22 07:35:22 PDT 2011

Dear Colleagues:

This paper was published as part of a Festschrift for my friend, the late,
Dr Surrey Jacobs.  He had a wonderful sense of humor and this explains the
subtitle of our publication.  You will see, though, that size does matter.
 We would like to thank Professor Luo Yi-bo (Beijing) for his superior work
that should convince all of us to measure the bodies of pollinating insects
and the dimensions of flowers that function as pollinator traps.  The
Bernhardt/Meier lab continues its research on the pollination biology of
rare and threatened species.

Peter