[Pollinator] Not for Australians!: Postdoc Research Assoc - Pollination Ecology

Peter Bernhardt bernhap2 at slu.edu
Tue Sep 13 08:18:14 PDT 2011

Dear Colleagues:

I sent Ms. Sanchez's advertisement (below) to Gary Wilson in Australia
(James Cook U., Queensland) as a number of people receive PhDs in Entomology
every year but employment rates are considered poor since CSIRO dissolved
much of its Entomology Division.  I thought that a recent PhD in
Entomology/Pollination in Australia would leap at the opportunity to do a
postdoc in Florida.   Look at Gary's reply.  In other words, a PostDoc in
Australia makes most of my current salary if we convert the strong
Australian dollar to the weak American.  My annual salary is based on 26
years of service to the same institution.

Peter