[Pollinator] How You can Decrease the Amount of Time it Takes to Label Insect Specimens

Sam Droege sdroege at usgs.gov
Thu Apr 26 10:53:18 PDT 2012

All:

Below is a link to a video our lovely intern Sierra Williams produced to
help you speed up the bulk cutting of your insect labels.

Our lab is now pinning 10's of thousands of specimens and the simple
process of putting labels on those bad boys takes up significant amounts
of our time... time better spent doing other things.  Our interns (or
chief label operators) have developed a pretty slick way of cutting and
labeling specimens with the fewest specimen moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUhOIN76lBgxZ-BIIo8MvzHA&v=HqxrkC6xe40&feature=player_detailpage

Yet another way BIML increases your bees per hour.

sam

Sam Droege  sdroege at usgs.gov
w 301-497-5840 h 301-390-7759 fax 301-497-5624
USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
BARC-EAST, BLDG 308, RM 124 10300 Balt. Ave., Beltsville, MD  20705
Http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down?
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
       -   Jack Handey