[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 07/01/12 (Two New Wildflowers)

Bill Hilton Jr. (RESEARCH) research at hiltonpond.org
Wed Aug 15 07:09:27 PDT 2012

July was incredibly busy for us in the Carolina Piedmont and we were unable to put together our usual series of photo essays. Thus, we condensed our efforts into a single installment we're calling "This MONTH at Hilton Pond" to cover all 31 days. It doesn't chronicle everything we observed in that lengthy span, if course, but does include exciting news about two native wildflowers new to Hilton Pond Center--one pollinated by insects and they other by hummingbirds. To read about and view images of these newly discovered species growing on the banks of Hilton Pond, please visit our 1-31 July 2012 edition at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek120701.html

As always we provide an account of all birds banded during the period, as well as a list of a substantial number of returning Ruby-throated Hummingbirds--two of which are amazingly old.

Happy (Midsummer) Nature Watching!

BILL

P.S. Please "Like" our new Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond for timely updates on nature topics.

=========

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852
fax (803) 684-0255

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org