[Pollinator] CBC Update/directions

Klopchin,Jeanette L jklopchin at ufl.edu
Sun Dec 30 11:50:50 PST 2012

Hi All –

For those of you who have registered for Caribbean Bee College online, via email, or via phone, Thank You! We are all getting excited to bring you this one of a kind beekeeping educational event. There is still one more day to reserve a spot, if you haven’t already.

Directions:  From the airport (or in Grenada)  you will simply take a taxi to TRUE BLUE campus at St. George’s University (very short/reasonably priced ride). Ask to get dropped off at CHARTER HALL. Myself and our team will be at the registration desk with packets, nametags, and dorm room keys. We will be accepting monies owed in the form of checks in USD. From there we have shuttles set up to go to/from the Dorms at Grand Anse for your accommodations. Shuttles will be available again to/from Grand Anse dorms to/from the True Blue campus, in the mornings and in the evenings  where Caribbean Bee College is being held.

Registration will be stationed at CHARTER HALL and will be open on Wednesday, all day Thursday and Friday Morning to accommodate different arrival times. This will also serve as our centralized meeting spot if you have any questions. If you will be arriving earlier than this please do send me a reminder email so that we can be sure to have everyone taken care of.

Remember, our first activities start on Thursday at 10am with an SGU apiary tour (again, meet at Charter Hall), followed by guided tours of two additional apiaries. Protective gear will be provided. The opening ceremony scheduled for Thursday evening 7:30-9:00  will be stellar with esteemed guests from the Grenada MOA, SGU Deans, CBC speakers and more.

We are in our final preparations now and will have limited access to email as we travel. If you need immediate assistance on the ground in Grenada or have changes to your travel itinerary, please contact Dwayne Mitchell at dmitchell at sgu.edu<mailto:dmitchell at sgu.edu>.

Thanks, and see you soon.

Laboratory Manager/Extension Technician
Honey Bee Research and Extension Laboratory
Department of Entomology and Nematology
University of Florida
Bldg 970 Natural Area Drive
PO Box 110620 Gainesville, FL 32611-0620
Phone (352) 273-3932
Fax (352) 392 0190
www.ufhonybee.com<http://www.ufhonybee.com/>
www.afbee.com<http://www.afbee.com/>