[Pollinator] for discussion: should honeybees be allowed into conservation/protected areas?

Zac Browning z_browning at msn.com
Wed Mar 21 10:59:46 PDT 2012

Research has demonstrated, that as effective pollinators, honeybees can enhance the propagation of native plants and trees in most landscapes including public lands and conservation areas.
There is little [if any] conclusive evidence, that honeybees pose a threat, through over competition, to other pollinators.
One of the greatest threats to all pollinators is habitat loss. Honeybees are facing continual displacement from key habitat, which is one of the primary reasons for their decline. Conservation planning and land management policies should not exclude or fail to promote all pollinators.
 Honeybees managed within a reasonable scope in conservation areas should not only benefit the area foliage, but also allow the honeybees to prosper in an area free from most farm chemicals, which are also causing significant harm to honeybees and all pollinators.

Zac Browning
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T