[Pollinator] for discussion: should honeybees be allowed into conservation/protected areas?

Peter Loring Borst peterlborst at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 22 10:22:13 PDT 2012

On Mar 22, 12, at 1:04 PM, Liz Day wrote:

> I find it hard to imagine that honeybees do not affect bumblebees in places where Bombus forage appears rather scant.

But it being difficult to imagine hardly makes a strong case  ; )

On the other hand, in my region I find that bumble bees and honey bees forage quite different plant assortments, somewhat occasionally overlapping.

Peter Loring Borst
128 Lieb Road
Spencer, NY  14883
607 280 4253
peterloringborst.com

I take the trouble to protest against these assumptions, because they are not merely harmless fancies, but theories that are apt to paralyse action and encourage scientific indolence. -- James Crichton-Browne