[Pollinator] Braconid pollinators?

Laura Russo lar322 at psu.edu
Sun May 20 13:48:59 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Just a quick question for the listserve...we have heaps of records of
parasitoid wasps visiting flowers (we are especially interested in
braconids), but I can't seem to find a reference regarding their role in
pollination.  Kevan (1973) states that they do carry pollen but that their
role in pollination is doubtful.  Van der Pijl (1979) seems equally
dubious.  But these are both old references.

Does anyone have thoughts/opinions/references on whether or not they can
also act as pollinators?

Thank you for your time!
Laura Russo

--
PhD Candidate
Intercollege Graduate Degree Program in Ecology

office: 415 Mueller Lab
phone: 814-865-7912