[Pollinator] Fwd: Virginia Pollinator Vehicle License Plates

Samantha Gallagher pollinatorplates at gmail.com
Mon May 21 12:12:04 PDT 2012

Hello Friends of Pollinators,

My name is Samantha Gallagher and I've started an initiative in
Virginia to make a "Protect Pollinators" license plate available for
vehicles. I've attached a picture of what the license plate will look
like- it features pollinators and native plants of Virginia. These
license plates are designed to get people talking about why
pollinators are important and why we need to protect them. Even though
most have heard about the honey bee crisis, they may not fully
understand its impact, and they may not be aware that other important
pollinators are in decline, too.

To get a license plate passed in the state of Virginia, we need to
collect 450 license plate applications (and the associated fees- they
are $10 a plate), per the DMV's rules. We are acquiring more and more
applications but we still need over 350 more. Thus far it's been a
matter of reaching the right people. Since this is a nationwide
listserv, I'm hoping that those of you who don't live in Virginia and
can't get a Pollinator Plate might be able to pass this along to
anyone you might know who does live there!