[Pollinator] Reduced registration fees and lodging for Caribbean Bee College!

Klopchin,Jeanette L jklopchin at ufl.edu
Tue Nov 13 10:52:13 PST 2012

Good Afternoon –

We have some great news! The Caribbean Bee College (CBC) has been gaining much support from the wider beekeeping community, and because of some generous donations, we are now able to lower the cost of registration! We have also secured low- cost accommodations for CBC participants! Please click the following link for the full-color announcement with schedule http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/honeybee/extension/Caribbean%20Bee%20College/CBC_FINAL.pdf .

There are two new registration prices: Just $150 USD per person for the entire event (2.5 days) and $125USD for Grenada residents (with valid photo ID). You can find these new registration prices open today at http://caribbeanbeecollege.eventbrite.com .

Did you know that you can pay by check? Did you know that you can pay at the door? It’s easy! Just go http://caribbeanbeecollege.eventbrite.com/  and enter the number of registrations you would like to purchase (skip the register button). Next choose ‘SHOW OTHER PAYMENT OPTIONS’ (below the REGISTER button). Then, click ‘PAY OFFLINE’. Here you will add your personal information to register for the event. You will then print your completed registration form and bring it to CBC registration at the door with your registration fee. Alternatively, you may mail your registration fee ahead of time.

We have secured discounted rates at various hotels in Grenada. When registering, please remember to indicate that your reservation is part of the “Caribbean Bee College”. You can find each hotel’s booking information at http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/honeybee/extension/Caribbean%20Bee%20College/caribbean_bee_college.html

Additionally, we have just secured low-cost accommodations at the Grande Anse dormitories of St. George’s University (SGU). These are only $30USD/night per person in a double occupancy room (aka with a roommate) or $60USD/night in a single occupancy room. Transportation to/from the dormitories to the Caribbean Bee College will be provided daily by SGU. Amenities: There is a community kitchen area on the ground floor of the dorms. The location is on the Grand Anse Beach front with a gated access point to the beach.  All rooms come with two twin beds, air conditioning, and an in suite bathroom with linen service. You may register for a dormitory room where you register for the event, and the cost will be added to your total http://caribbeanbeecollege.eventbrite.com/.  The dormitories are available from January 2nd until January 7th 2013. Dormitory registration is listed per night. Please be sure to reserve the number of nights you need when registering.

We truly hope that you will join us for this unique training opportunity, developed especially for the Caribbean. This event is made possible by partnership with St. George’s University, University of Florida, Association of Caribbean Beekeepers’ Organizations, and the Grenada Association of Beekeepers.

If you have any questions regarding the Caribbean Bee College, please contact me at jklopchin at ufl.edu<mailto:jklopchin at ufl.edu>.  We welcome the use of social media, message forwarding, and copying to send the message of Caribbean Bee College to your friends and colleagues.

Jeanette Klopchin
Laboratory Manager/Extension Technician
Honey Bee Research and Extension Laboratory
Department of Entomology and Nematology
University of Florida
Bldg 970 Natural Area Drive
PO Box 110620