[Pollinator] Fw: IUCN Publication - Priceless or Worthless? 100 Most Threatened Species

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Fri Sep 14 05:54:44 PDT 2012

This IS a gorgeous publication.  Far as I can tell, the only U.S. species
is Franklin's bumblebee! Search on Bombus.

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist, Division of Scientific Authority-US Fish & Wildlife
Service-International Affairs
Chair, Medicinal Plant Working Group-Plant Conservation Alliance
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276

Promoting sustainable use and conservation of our native medicinal plants.

<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

Follow International Affairs
> on Twitter  http://twitter.com/USFWSInternatl
> on Facebook   http://www.facebook.com/USFWS_InternationalAffairs
----- Forwarded by Patricia De Angelis/ARL/R9/FWS/DOI on 09/14/2012 08:50
AM -----

The link:

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/44234ae6#/44234ae6/1

Press blurb:

News
IUCN Releases List of 100 Most Threatened Species
11 September 2012: More than 8,000 scientists from the International Union
for Conservation of Nature Species Survival Commission (IUCN SSC) have
compiled a list of the 100 most threatened animals, plants and fungi on
the planet. Their report, titled "Priceless or Worthless?" was released
with the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) during the IUCN World
Conservation Congress.
The report notes that the decline of some of the species is mainly caused
by humans, and their extinction can still be avoided if conservation
efforts are enacted.
The 100 species come from 48 different countries, and include: the pygmy
three-toed sloth; the saola, which is also known as the Asian unicorn
because of its rarity; the willow blister; and the spore-shooting fungi. [
IUCN Press Release] [Publication: Priceless or Worthless?]