[Pollinator] Non - Hummingbird pollinators-information needed

Sam Droege sdroege at usgs.gov
Thu Sep 20 14:15:09 PDT 2012

All:

Greg Butcher sent me the e-mail below, looking for information on birds
other than hummingbirds that might be significant pollinators of plants
under whatever circumstances.

Go ahead and send to Greg your reply directly at space gsbutcher at fs.fed.us
.

Sam

--------
I am interested in catching up with the research (or even observations) on
non-hummingbird birds as pollinators, especially in the Western Hemisphere
and especially Boreal-Neotropical migrants. I know that both orioles and
warblers are important pollinators, but I don?t have references for that.
If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Greg Butcher
Migratory Species Coordinator
US Forest Service International Programs
1099 14th St NW Suite 5500W
Washington, DC 20005
202-273-4725
Cell: 202-617-8259