[Pollinator] USGS Bee Inventory and Monitoring Lab open house on October 16th.

Sam Droege sdroege at usgs.gov
Tue Sep 25 11:57:20 PDT 2012

All:

If any of  you are planning to be in town on the 16th for the NAAPC
meetings and are interested in seeing our lab, talking about specimen
processing, work flow, and databasing our lab will be open all day.  We
will be glad to show people any of our operations, get your hands dirty
washing and pinning bees, and answer your questions about bee monitoring
or picture taking.

Directions to the lab are below.

sam

Directions to the USGS Native Bee Inventory and Monitoring Lab

GPS Points ? Warning Do Not use our mailing address as it only goes to the
mail distribution center about 3 miles away from the lab.  If you want to
navigate to Building 308 use:
Latitude: 39.0349°
Longitude: -76.8735°

Sam Droege's Work Number:  301 497 5840
             Home Number:  301 390 7759

Directions from the intersection of the Washington Beltway (495) and the
Baltimore Washington Parkway (295).

Travel NORTH outside of the Beltway towards Baltimore on 295.

In approximately 5 miles and about 3 exits you will come to an exit for
Powdermill Road

Take the single exit ramp to Powdermill Road and turn LEFT

(NOTE:  The  main campus and the visitor's center for Patuxent Wildlife
Research Center is to the Right, but our lab is located on Beltsville
Agriculture Research Center property and therefore you must turn LEFT
towards Beltsville)

Travel about 1.5 miles.

On your right you will see Entomology Road, this is a marker that your
turn is coming soon.

Take the next right onto Center Road (note Center Road is not in most GPS
mapping systems)

Travel to the last lab building on the left (there are no lab buildings on
the right).

This will be building 308 which is very clearly marked.

Park in the parking lot out front.

At the door hit the button on the black box, wait for a reply, and then
tell them you are here to visit me and they will let you in.

Alternatively, if someone is going in or out of the door you can follow
them directly in.

I am in room 124.

Doors usually open.

The Inward Morning