[Pollinator] Vote for Bumble Bees: Make them the new Wrap Stars!

Matthew Shepherd mdshepherd at xerces.org
Tue Apr 9 13:05:48 PDT 2013

Vote for Bumble Bees: Make them the new Wrap Stars!

Endangered Species Chocolate is seeking two new animals to be featured on
their chocolate bar wrappers. The choice will be made based on voting on
Facebook. We need your help to make a bumble bee one of the two new wrapper
stars!

Endangered Species Chocolate selected six animals that represent six
conservation organizations: the bumble bee and Xerces are included as
candidates. They are also making a $1,000 donation to the two winning
organizations. That's really nice (really, really nice!), but the main prize
is a bumble bee on a wrapper. Wouldn't it be fantastic to see a bumble bee
on the shelves of grocery stores across the country? It could bring a
massive amount of publicity to the problems they face and the need to
protect them.

Vote for the bumble bee at http://on.fb.me/16IqJDJ. You do need to have a
Facebook account to vote. Voting continues until 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday,
April 21, and you can vote for the bumble bee at least once a day. Repeat
voting can make the difference, so make it part of your daily routine.

When you've voted, please share this link with your friends and networks.
(Just forward this email on.) The other five animals all have their
supporters too-and some of them are darned cute!-so it'll take some effort
to win.

If you already know about this ESC campaign-it was launched yesterday-and
voted for the bumble bee, thank you. If you haven't, go vote now!

Let's show the world that bumble bees deserve respect too.

Thanks!

Matthew

________

VOTE FOR BUMBLE BEES! With your help, we can get a bumble bee onto an
Endangered Species Chocolate bar wrapper. Cast your vote once each day until
April 21 at http://on.fb.me/16IqJDJ

Matthew Shepherd

Communications Director

The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation

628 NE Broadway, Ste 200, Portland, OR 97232-1324, USA

 <mailto:mdshepherd at xerces.org> mdshepherd at xerces.org

Tel: (503) 232-6639 ext. 110

Toll free: 1-855-232 6639 ext. 110

Cell: (503) 807-1577

Fax: (503) 233-6794

Stay in touch:

 <http://www.xerces.org/> xerces.org
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Xerces-Society/193182577358618> Facebook
<http://www.xerces.org/enewsletters/> E-newsletter
<https://twitter.com/xerces_society> Twitter

The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation is an international
nonprofit organization that protects wildlife through the conservation of
invertebrates and their habitat.

To join the Society, make a donation, or read about our work, please visit
<http://www.xerces.org/> www.xerces.org.