[Pollinator] New Video on Using Discoverlife Identification Guides - Bees used as an example

Droege, Sam sdroege at usgs.gov
Thu Jan 24 06:17:33 PST 2013

All:

We have a new video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75klhCa2vEM

In this video we take you through how to use the Discoverlife system of
matrix identification guides wisely and efficiently.  We use bee species in
North America as an example.

Note that there are now guides to all the genera of bees in Canada, U.S.A.,
Mexico and the Caribbean islands as well as for islands of Great Britain,
Ireland, and the smaller islands that surround those two.  There are
species guides to all the species east of the Mississippi River and, for
many genera, for all of Canada and the U.S.

Bee guides are located at:

http://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20q?search=Apoidea#Identification

sam

Sam Droege  sdroege at usgs.gov
w 301-497-5840 h 301-390-7759 fax 301-497-5624
USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
BARC-EAST, BLDG 308, RM 124 10300 Balt. Ave., Beltsville, MD  20705
Http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is a society where none intrudes,
By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more,
>From these our interviews, in which I steal
>From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne'er express, yet cannot all conceal.
    -Lord Byron

--
*Bees are Not Optional*