[Pollinator] Fwd: Upcoming Deep Ecology Classes

Ladadams at aol.com Ladadams at aol.com
Wed Oct 16 11:04:59 PDT 2013

____________________________________
 From: jolie at gowildconsulting.com
To: lda at coevolution.org
Sent:  10/16/2013 9:47:29 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Subj: Upcoming Deep Ecology  Classes

     Having trouble viewing this email? _Click here  _
(http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=2cb759bb-e100-450c-ba77-c8b824a62abd&c=8c70ee5
0-0421-11e3-873a-d4ae5275396f&ch=8c7449b0-0421-11e3-873a-d4ae5275396f)

Dear  Laurie,
Eco-hero Baba  Dioum wisely said "In the end we will conserve  only what we
love; we will love only what we  understand; and we will understand only
what we are  taught". This autumn season, Go Wild has a great  line-up of
classes to help you love, understand and  connect deeper to nature. If you have
ever wanted  feast on wild foods, create your own herbal medicines  or know
the plants around you then come join us for a  fun-filled adventure into the
wild side of the Bay  Area and yourself.   Check out our _website _
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001oCc6UrkkyUxRKE3rDGYBXXg8TrJIFfwaSaJhGkks1ogPwDqaLd-D
70-id835v2aaA3HGa8ZpZX_p4BbWtHJBUbRUUVDyJh0j25stpLjiObY_9wIdKllryaJrIxCDslM5
LHIdQal9hcslj1wVzqLdi81X83-8AAVuFmGnG0iJHSy_XhlTZbPub60_StvXbVMk3MPJQ4IfRl06
exXgLS38nkNlsk4Bb6whMXyCe5azqAhh-U9vQIes5on9d1gg1B234Lvqt_ML0Wc52_Kq8cmpo6ES
L6uG96uNCMIqQgfFopS7Vjd2UHtjTu3qkby7T85lIpSL2gC2lAsSiv0gVV4dYg==&c=Rk2uvQo0q
CM-DkGRYa1UHkhK_AlJQNKEm7WyAB3lgZJqHpraq7cMUg==&ch=oU_j0EvkGmA4eqsLFi6KICTqc
QZ3K9oxPqIwDKL52FsdvjWYY-YQWg==) for more  information
Classes, Offerings and  Happenings

Go Wild for Nuts - Wild Food  Brunch
Prepare  and Eat Acorn Pancakes and Bay Nut  Truffles
November 10, 10 AM to  2 PM. Held in Fairfax, Marin County. Cost  $55.

Embark  on a tasty adventure into the  world  of California Oaks and Bay
Laurels to  explore the web of life and our relationship  within it.

We will  start the day preparing our wild foods and while our  acorns are
leaching we will head out for a nature walk  to meet and identify our native
trees and if we are  lucky, some local mushrooms.  We will finish up  the
day with a feast of acorn pancakes and bay nut  truffles!   We will also
discuss ways to  feature wild foods for holiday feasts including Acorn  Stuffing,
Acorn Mousse and Acorn Flaxseed  Crackers.  This class is appropriate for
adults  and kids 8 and up. For more information and to  register _Click
here_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001oCc6UrkkyUxRKE3rDGYBXXg8TrJIFfwaSaJhGkks1ogPwDqaLd-D70-id835v2aaJxKt8kyeU81So9q0C2TZDTGzd5zvT3F2WPUkKXv6vy0ZbbLWF_y2YdN
OkOqP201xPWqZkX6OaSZ5AvPgELprWUSRvEihr2Z6rFlrW8P5qmKqpInXvmzqFvm6fTQ01yxwSra
DmQqXGMYq9LKXvyfq6dNdglO-N6mjId3kcjTUdTVem7_iikTtDCYKOK3AQ9dojmEgccqnkf1oe0h
1KtO6EatVQ43861KBcTEElxyg5Iw6Y_NHGTUalVsRzJOwfroPh-7Wo2_Fjx7prbsFzcBMmpkADod
eYBgQ6d6wuM64o7Y=&c=Rk2uvQo0qCM-DkGRYa1UHkhK_AlJQNKEm7WyAB3lgZJqHpraq7cMUg==
&ch=oU_j0EvkGmA4eqsLFi6KICTqcQZ3K9oxPqIwDKL52FsdvjWYY-YQWg==)

Deep  Herbology Series
 Meetings  with Remarkable Plants

A  plant's medicine is greater than the sum of its  chemical constituents.
A  healer's relationship to the plant plays a  powerful role in how it is
used for medicine. In this  unique series, we offer a way to build your
relationship with some outstanding plants with the  hope that you connect deeper
to the earth, spirit and  yourselves. Join us for one class or  the series.
Cost $30 per class (or $85 for 3  classes ). See class descriptions  below.

Classes are  held at _Gathering Thyme_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001oCc6UrkkyUxRKE3rDGYBXXg8TrJIFfwaSaJhGkks1ogPwDqaLd-D70-id835v2aaiub4b3LzEIXdZh83L
kxE7fXYnCj54ftLuKHoeIoIVslWtZsu_m1d5T3Owa_JSeaEwcu3KKEP-6QJo4vs73JWQolTs94tS
Hj9u0_PbiKFHkhP6KkJ4itsb5c5S8VEWQlCIGDocX5bWPB7SyaT7gakBOPvNYzU5GtHaxhpk78Oy
LAHk_VUnTJ4IPiDVHaUB8LLJDbg-uB4w7E_bSvJXgr-ixODljbHMeNkbi_ZQc_FoxQufA-S2Opjp
U0OLTO8OSs9lMmHkt9ZbFSoim7MCb-nhg==&c=Rk2uvQo0qCM-DkGRYa1UHkhK_AlJQNKEm7WyAB
3lgZJqHpraq7cMUg==&ch=oU_j0EvkGmA4eqsLFi6KICTqcQZ3K9oxPqIwDKL52FsdvjWYY-YQWg
==)  located at  226 Sir Francis Drake Blvd.  in San  Anselmo, CA.
_For  more information or to register click here_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001oCc6UrkkyUxRKE3rDGYBXXg8TrJIFfwaSaJhGkks1ogPwDqaLd-D70-id835v2aau8i19r
hplz4-Ibqpxx_AAn4muKoVJhk3IYt4uekUbLJXXAvVKtvJtx_QqtGrJA8DQkOwYftDaPldiqdEXf
9-XPG2mcwkwfc4-2sr1LXg1I6V_ZOCDr1nvOIWj9YojI7Xsq8JhrMm_WU390_LSbp5HfEm7vMvju
TBbg5xG8AhLbQuJ2auq7Bqf-fDfgIq3ocN5_UOX7RFPw79pomQT4F7Jo4iQsC80rVjxzGyDkj9JZ
ymC0wQJd3TrGA4DI7feaI060fKXXtdx9aaghYJY7A4knEtt6IKYAWFQZIPyfuYKzz_V7OCdP0Xcw
==&c=Rk2uvQo0qCM-DkGRYa1UHkhK_AlJQNKEm7WyAB3lgZJqHpraq7cMUg==&ch=oU_j0EvkGmA
4eqsLFi6KICTqcQZ3K9oxPqIwDKL52FsdvjWYY-YQWg==)

Yarrow: Achilles the  Warrior

Wednesday,  November 6th from 7-9 pm

Rich in medicine, steeped in mythology,  Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) is
named after  the Greek demi-god and hero of the Trojan War  - Achilles.
Discover why this plant is revered as  a great hero of the herbal medicine chest.
We will  delve into the medicine, ethnobotany and myths of this  world
renown warrior plant. Students will make an  herbal oil of yarrow to take home.
_For  more information or to register click here_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001oCc6UrkkyUxRKE3rDGYBXXg8TrJIFfwaSaJhGkks1ogPwDqaLd-D70-id835v2aau8i19r
hplz4-Ibqpxx_AAn4muKoVJhk3IYt4uekUbLJXXAvVKtvJtx_QqtGrJA8DQkOwYftDaPldiqdEXf
9-XPG2mcwkwfc4-2sr1LXg1I6V_ZOCDr1nvOIWj9YojI7Xsq8JhrMm_WU390_LSbp5HfEm7vMvju
TBbg5xG8AhLbQuJ2auq7Bqf-fDfgIq3ocN5_UOX7RFPw79pomQT4F7Jo4iQsC80rVjxzGyDkj9JZ
ymC0wQJd3TrGA4DI7feaI060fKXXtdx9aaghYJY7A4knEtt6IKYAWFQZIPyfuYKzz_V7OCdP0Xcw
==&c=Rk2uvQo0qCM-DkGRYa1UHkhK_AlJQNKEm7WyAB3lgZJqHpraq7cMUg==&ch=oU_j0EvkGmA
4eqsLFi6KICTqcQZ3K9oxPqIwDKL52FsdvjWYY-YQWg==)
The  Mighty Oak:Portal to  the Divine
Wednesday,  November 13th from 7-9pm

Oak trees were considered a portal to  the Divine in many ancient cultures
including Norse,  Druid and Greek civilizations. Oaks are abundant in
medicine and myth, and these trees play vital  ecological roles in our California
landscapes. In this  class we will move from the divine to the dietary as
we explore the medicine, ethnobotany, ecology and myth  of the Mighty Oak.
Join us as we make and sample yummy  acorn treats. _For  more information or
to register click here_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001oCc6UrkkyUxRKE3rDGYBXXg8TrJIFfwaSaJhGkks1ogPwDqaLd-D70-id835v2aau8i19rhplz4-Ibqpxx_AAn4muKoVJhk3I
Yt4uekUbLJXXAvVKtvJtx_QqtGrJA8DQkOwYftDaPldiqdEXf9-XPG2mcwkwfc4-2sr1LXg1I6V_
ZOCDr1nvOIWj9YojI7Xsq8JhrMm_WU390_LSbp5HfEm7vMvjuTBbg5xG8AhLbQuJ2auq7Bqf-fDf
gIq3ocN5_UOX7RFPw79pomQT4F7Jo4iQsC80rVjxzGyDkj9JZymC0wQJd3TrGA4DI7feaI060fKX
Xtdx9aaghYJY7A4knEtt6IKYAWFQZIPyfuYKzz_V7OCdP0Xcw==&c=Rk2uvQo0qCM-DkGRYa1UHk
hK_AlJQNKEm7WyAB3lgZJqHpraq7cMUg==&ch=oU_j0EvkGmA4eqsLFi6KICTqcQZ3K9oxPqIwDK
L52FsdvjWYY-YQWg==)
Mugwort:  From the Medical to  the Metaphysical

Wednesday, November 20th  from 7-9pm

Named  after Artemis, Goddess of the wild and imagination,  the plant
Artemisia is used as sacred  medicine around the World. From digestive bitter to
dreamer's oracle, Mugwort reveals many aspects of  herbalism -- from the
medical to the metaphysical.  Delve deep into your inner wild as we journey
into the  many uses and stories of magical Mugwort, our native  Artemisia.
Bring home  mugwort goodies we'll make in class._For  more information or to
register click here_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001oCc6UrkkyUxRKE3rDGYBXXg8TrJIFfwaSaJhGkks1ogPwDqaLd-D70-id835v2aaBl2vgRIqQ8A95NoFf9ThSCj5KyAq10jD2KTO
g0Chs4W_elQMFTShZbq3nl-A6SFWLjYveSmJNyD3G2RLF1vK3wCTylSaDoJB_sc5wKGeq7qUf2iR
Ix0EJP2NTKQNuc4WsV8Ls02BpAY-CwXhcmYBWcM_i3EILHmSq-l-W8ENmBDl35T35reJWaDvnLwa
tBiVsJkLhvobiZkLAkcNsCc-NCROAmNf9EqtiIUdbl3SmSsrAOj7Vw3IJu0IWs991vTlc4294mxp
-h9mT2SvviNP7wDeAyJ9F2PqHXEC2vLCQVM0T-MZMT1jEQ==&c=Rk2uvQo0qCM-DkGRYa1UHkhK_
AlJQNKEm7WyAB3lgZJqHpraq7cMUg==&ch=oU_j0EvkGmA4eqsLFi6KICTqcQZ3K9oxPqIwDKL52
FsdvjWYY-YQWg==)

Foundations of Western  Herbalism

Studies  in Deep Herbal Wisdom with Clinical Herbalist Cheryl  Fromholzer,
Ethnobotanist Jolie Egert and Catherine  Abby Rich

Learn the ancient and modern traditions  of herbal medicine.  This class
blends the scientific with  earth-based traditional wisdom, and balances
indoor  classroom time with exciting outdoor daylong herbal  adventures.
Explorations in Western Herbalism offers  students a strong foundation in herbal
healthcare,  basic nutrition and healthy lifestyle practices to  promote and
enhance well-being. No prior training,  experience or prerequisites are
required. We've broken  the class into "Seasons".  Students may join  during any
Season.  For more information or  to register _see  here_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001oCc6UrkkyUxRKE3rDGYBXXg8TrJIFfwaSaJhGkks1ogPwDqaLd-D71QXBpvwi_U
gS_VO-flMGYI3AJ2Ialw9l-d6QufIIg0IWuk7yOzLh-Tl8nCU8c1LOMFVW5hIZee2iuq4ECmwRVZ
X6XpwfzWwwz1W6p7AP1twM3c2qNTiAQEzKcAQxtRwVQ==&c=Rk2uvQo0qCM-DkGRYa1UHkhK_AlJ
QNKEm7WyAB3lgZJqHpraq7cMUg==&ch=oU_j0EvkGmA4eqsLFi6KICTqcQZ3K9oxPqIwDKL52Fsd
vjWYY-YQWg==)

Winter  Quarter: Mondays from  6:30 to 9:30pm
December 2nd and 16 2013, January 6th and  20th, February 3rd and 17th 2014
Sundays from 10:00am to 4:00pm:  December 8th 2013,  January 12th, and
February  19th 2014

Wisdom of the Oak Classes
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=wchpasoab.0.awf7xtkab.jbu5umdab.&r=3&p=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWT15oAavPA)   Watch
 this short video on our Wisdom of the Oak  program
Over  the last four years, Go Wild has led over 2500 children  on
ecological  and culinary journeys into the world of California  oaks. Students learn
about the web of life and prepare  and eat acorns.  This program is about
restoring  our relationship to the natural world and to what  feeds us.
Students explore how changes in  our relationship with nature can result in
radically  different environmental practices and systems. We  expand the concept
of school gardens to include our  wild landscapes.    Please _contact us _
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=wchpasoab.0.fj8sfwoab.jbu5umdab.&r=3&p=http://www
.gowildconsulting.com/contact-us?utm_source=Deep+Ecology+classes+fall+2013&u
tm_campaign=2014+fall+newsletter&utm_medium=email) if you are interested in
 bringing  the Wisdom of the Oak your  school.

Private  classes and walks
If  you don't see the class you want - let's make it  happen
Go  Wild connects people of all ages to the natural world.  We are skilled
at nature interpretation, environmental  education and curriculum
development. We perform  nature walks, class room visits and presentations for  all
ages, offering resources to private individuals,  groups and non-profit
programs. Our specialties are in  the following areas:
    *   Edible  and medicinal plant foraging adventures
    *   Custom  guides to the wild foods and medicines on your land
    *   Oak  ecology and acorn food workshops
    *   Botany  classes
    *   Deep  ecology workshops
If  you do not see the class you are looking for _contact us_
(mailto:info at gowildconsulting.com)  and we will be happy to  customize a class or
adventure that helps you foster a  deeper connection to the natural  world.
What People Are Saying About
Go  Wild Classes
"Wow,  you can eat that?!"
...  Thomas Moore (8 years old)
"Thanks  for coming to our school, our students LOVED your  workshop!!!"
...Michelle  Chang, Principal, Dianne Feinstein Elementary  School
I've  been telling everyone who'll listen about how much I  enjoyed
learning about the local plants
...Jordan  Breslow, Participant in Edible and Medicinal plants of  Redwood
Regional Park
"Thank  you so much for your wonderful plant knowledge and for  sharing the
confusing world of botany and plant keys  with us. You made it fun and
accessible".
...  Corrina Blaney Furrow

Wishing you Abundance and Joy this  Fall,

Go Wild,

_Jolie Egert_ (mailto:jolie at gowildconsulting.com)
Go Wild  Consulting
_www.gowildconsulting.com_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=wchpasoab.0.aj8sfwoab.jbu5umdab.&r=3&p=http://www.gowildconsulting.com/?utm_source=Deep+Ecology+
classes+fall+2013&utm_campaign=2014+fall+newsletter&utm_medium=email)
510-666-WILD  (9453)

_Forward email_
(http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=jbu5umdab&m=1103157481513&ea=lda@coevolution.org&a=1115148491862)

(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001GPg7U3lGUOrGhcoiDQckTQ==&ch=8c7449b0-0421-11e3-873a-d4ae5275396f&ca=2cb759bb-e100-450c-ba77-c8b824a62a
bd)    (http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_News_221)
This email was sent to lda at coevolution.org by _jolie at gowildconsulting.com_
(mailto:jolie at gowildconsulting.com)  |
_Update Profile/Email Address_
(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001GPg7U3lGUOrGhcoiDQckTQ==&ch=8c7449b0-0421-11e3-873a-d4ae5275396f&ca=2cb7
59bb-e100-450c-ba77-c8b824a62abd)  | Instant removal with _SafeUnsubscribe_
(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001GPg7U3lGUOrGhcoiDQckTQ==&ch
=8c7449b0-0421-11e3-873a-d4ae5275396f&ca=2cb759bb-e100-450c-ba77-c8b824a62ab
d) ™ | _Privacy  Policy_
(http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp) .
Go Wild Consulting | P.O Box 1083 | Fairfax |  CA |  94978