[Pollinator] USGS Google Hangout Thursday with Sam Droege: Bee Pictures, etc.

Puckett, Catherine cpuckett at usgs.gov
Tue Sep 24 06:50:47 PDT 2013

Hi there: I thought this would be great to send out via the pollinator
listserver. Also, please feel free to share on FB, twitter, etc!

It is our first-ever USGS Google Hangout, and the subject: bees (and
appearances by other insects).

To accept the invite for the hangout, visit this site:

https://plus.google.com/b/112624925658443863798/events/<https://plus.google.com/b/112624925658443863798/events/c5569losvskrv2nu606ltof8odo>

(Department of the Interior employees: The URL above will not work if you
are logged into BisonConnect in your browser...you'll have to open up a
different browser to access.

*Created by **U.S. Geological Survey
(USGS)*<https://plus.google.com/112624925658443863798> ·  Public
event

Thu, September 26, 1:00 PM EST

 Join us for our first ever Google+ Hangout! We'll be talking with Sam
Droege of the USGS Bee Inventory and Monitoring Lab (BIML) about the
amazingly detailed macrophotography work he and his team perform. You'll
learn a little bit about the BIML and what they do, and why they capture
those insects in such detail. Sam will then walk you through the process
and setup they have for photographing insects in such detail and then
explain a low budget do-it-yourself solution to try on your own. If you're
interested in learning more about the work the BIML does, how they take the
photographs, or if you're an amateur photographer interested in taking your
macrophotography to the next level then this Hangout is for you.

We'll add the Hangout URL to this event once we go live. You can also watch
it live on the USGS YouTube Channel (http://youtube.com/USGS) starting
around 1pm (Eastern) on Thursday Sept 26th.

Catherine Puckett
Catherine Puckett
USGS Office of Communications
352-377-2469 (O)  352-278-0165 (cell)