[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 04/07/14 (Belize Hummingbirds)

Bill Hilton Jr. (RESEARCH) research at hiltonpond.org
Tue Apr 15 12:52:30 PDT 2014

What with an unusual abundance of spring hummingbirds to be banded--plus renovations on the old farmhouse at Hilton Pond Center--I've been slowed considerably in producing my summary report about our March 2014 Operation RubyThroat expedition to Crooked Tree in Belize. At long last it is finished and posted.

I provide this detailed summary as a thank-you and permanent record for the generous and hard-working citizen scientists who help these trips succeed, but I also like sharing everything with other birders and naturalists. I hope you'll enjoy the latest write-up, which serves as the 7-16 March 2014 installment of "This Week at Hilton Pond."

The photo essay includes nearly 150 images of Neotropical flora and fauna--more than usual and my attempt to drive away this winter blast affecting much of the U.S. this week.

The installment is at  http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek140307.html

Happy (Neotropical) Nature Watching!

BILL

P.S. Please "Like" our new Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond for timely updates on nature topics. Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond.

=========

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR., D.Sci.
Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org