[Pollinator] bee kill in Ontario

David Inouye inouye at umd.edu
Thu Apr 24 06:07:01 PDT 2014

A reader wrote me to say he suspected this story reported an event
from last summer.  Which makes sense because it's too early for corn
planting this year that far north.  I went back to the Web site,
followed a link, and found that the bee kill did occur last summer
(originally reported in July 2013). So the old news is still showing
up on new sites.

Another reader wrote to say that there is misinformation in that
article, so caveat emptor.

My opinion is that it's still important to see what kinds of stories
about pollinators are being reported, and how and where they're reported.

David Inouye