[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 08/01/14 (Truth About Ruby-throats)

Bill Hilton Jr. (RESEARCH) research at hiltonpond.org
Tue Aug 19 06:28:59 PDT 2014

Ruby-throated Hummingbirds may be the most common and best understood of all hummer species, but misinformation about these tiny birds always seems to float around. "This Week at Hilton Pond" I offer a photo essay to clear up incorrect information I've read lately about ruby-throat behavior and morphology. To view this latest "fact-checking" installment for 1-15 August 2014, please visit http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek140801.html

While there don't forget to scroll down for miscellaneous nature notes and a list of all birds banded and recaptured during the period, plus info about banding hummers in the Neotropics.

Happy Hummingbird Watching!

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at http://www.facebook.com/rubythroats

Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond
=========

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR., D.Sci.
Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org