[Pollinator] Smithsonian

Peter Bernhardt bernhap2 at slu.edu
Tue Aug 19 14:22:54 PDT 2014

Yes, I would find it very disturbing if they are real.  Remember, there was
a time you could walk into the gift shops of many museums and find all
sorts of arthropods embedded in resin.  A lucite block cut into a little
coffin shape with a scorpion inside (part of a key chain) was awfully
popular.  in Beijing, a few years back, I found such blocks containing the
life cycle of the silk moth.  Like Liz, though, I think the butterflies in
the snow globe are fakes.    It's best to find out before formal complaints
are made.

Peter