[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 08/16/14 (Late August Walkabout)

Bill Hilton Jr. (RESEARCH) research at hiltonpond.org
Thu Aug 28 19:21:53 PDT 2014

"This Week at Hilton Pond" I'm responding to folks who think we only write about hummingbirds by taking a "Late August Walkabout" around Center property. The photo essay for 16-31 Aug 2014 includes info about native wildflowers, pignuts, a couple of reptiles, pollinating butterflies, and predator-prey relationships, so everyone should find something to help satisfy their nature fixes. (P.S. There might even be a sentence or two about a very special hummingbird.) To view the latest installment, please see
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek140816.html

While there don't forget to scroll down for a list of birds banded and recaptured during the period, plus some miscellaneous nature notes.

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at http://www.facebook.com/rubythroats

Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond
=========

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR., D.Sci.
Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org