[Pollinator] Congress Native Bees - Chiapas, Mexico - April 2015

Rémy Vandame remy.vandame at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 20:42:21 PST 2014

Dear all,

Please find attached the call for the IX Mesoamerican Congress on Native
Bees, that we will organize here, in San Cristóbal de Las Casas,
Chiapas, Mexico, in April 2015.

This is a pretty open meeting, having scientific sessions alternating
with more technical ones (for small farmers). For this edition, we will
have a special focus on bumblebees. And additionally this year, we will
have a more educational space, for general public.

It would be great for most of you to participate this meeting!

I want also to mention that we (at Ecosur) have an increasing collection
of bees (some 70,000 specimen), mostly from southern Mexico, but also
form Guatemala and northern Mexico. We are going forward in the
identification of these, but there is still plenty to do. If some
taxonomists would like to spend some time helping the determinations,
please feel free to contact us.

And finally I would appreciate your help forwarding this call through
your networks (I am attaching also the Spanish version if needed).

All the best,
Rémy.

Note: sorry for cross-posting over different lists.