[Pollinator] Monmouthshire County Council Proposed Pollinator Policy

Vicki Wojcik vw at pollinator.org
Wed Jan 29 17:39:13 PST 2014

Bees for Development has a petition request for pollinator habitat support in the UK.

Monmouthshire County Council Proposed Pollinator Policy

An excellent proposal is being considered by our local Council to reduce roadside verge cutting and to create more bee and pollinator friendly planting schemes.  Road safety will always remain their first consideration.  At a Council meeting last week, a petition with 120 signatures against the Proposed Pollinator Policy was presented.

Bees for Development is backing the policy and requests your support to ensure that the Policy is implemented.  Please help in one of these ways:

1.      Sign our online petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bee-friendly-monmouthshire

2.      Send an e-mail, individually or on behalf of your organisation, to Councillor Phil Hobson.  It is important to do this by 4 February. e-mail is philhobson at monmouthshire.gov.uk

You can read the proposed policy and download a letter in PDF at http://www.beesfordevelopment.org/how-to-help/campaigns.

There is a possibility that this Proposal will not go ahead, so please express your support and encourage other people in your network to do so.

Monmouthshire has a real chance to prove its commitment to caring for pollinators.  We hope that other local authorities will follow their good example.

Thank you

Nicola

Dr Nicola Bradbear

Director, Bees for Development

1 Agincourt Street, Monmouth NP25 3DZ

United Kingdom Tel  +44 (0)1600 714848

info at beesfordevelopment.org

www.beesfordevelopment.org <http://www.beesfordevelopment.org/>

The Bees for Development Trust UK Registered Charity 1078803

We help vulnerable communities in poor countries to achieve self-sufficiency through beekeeping.

Please support our work by giving a donation <http://www.beesfordevelopment.org/donate>