[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 06/01/14 (Daisy Critters)

Bill Hilton Jr. (RESEARCH) research at hiltonpond.org
Sat Jun 14 07:55:22 PDT 2014

A couple of times each year I like to go out with camera and macro lens to see what sorts of insects, spiders, and other tiny critters are drinking and dining on local flowers. (Some are important pollinators.) Come fall Goldenrods will be my favorite hangout but in spring the common Ox-eye Daisy always reveals a fascinating diversity of macroscopic life. "This Week at Hilton Pond" I again visit a local daisy patch and report back in words and images what invertebrates I found--some of which you may be able to identify more precisely. To view the installment for 1-13 June 2014, please visit http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek140601.html

While there don't forget to scroll down for a list of all birds banded or recaptured during the period; there are also some miscellaneous nature notes for your perusal.

Happy (Invertebrate) Nature Watching!

BILL

P.S. Please "Like" our new Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond for timely updates on nature topics. Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond.

=========

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR., D.Sci.
Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org