[Pollinator] Thank You for Pollinator Week 2014 - An Unprecedented Success!

Laurie Adams lda at pollinator.org
Mon Jun 23 05:23:07 PDT 2014

Yesterday concluded the 7th and unquestionably most remarkable, Pollinator
Week yet.  The resounding success of Pollinator Week 2014 is the result of
the indefatigable work on the part of thousands of organizations and
individuals around the world.  Their efforts, representing all perspectives
on the issues facing bees and other pollinators, are given voice by the
focus that this week provides.  Pollinator Week brings a spotlight to work
that continues throughout the year.  This year, over 100 events were held
globally, 45 U.S. State Governors signed Pollinator Week Proclamations,
USDA Sec. Tom Vilsack and USDoI Sec. Sally Jewell signed proclamations, and
President Obama signed a Presidential Memorandum
<http://www.pollinator.org/PR_whitehouse.htm>  for honey bee and pollinator
health.

The Presidential Memorandum is the result of effort done collaboratively,
constructively, and with an eye toward positive and respectful engagement.
We are proud of the role the Pollinator Partnership played in the
Presidential Memorandum, and we recognize that it sets the stage for much
more effort on the part of all stakeholders.  We want to express
considerable gratitude to the White House for its vision, tenacity, and
solid footing. The President's initiative is arguably the most comprehensive
and proactive approach to any terrestrial conservation issue this century.
It addresses all drivers of pollinator decline, including pesticides, and
offers a coordinated federal mechanism to improve research, cooperation, and
communication to get real results.  It provides the means to affect positive
change for pollinators and for our future, and it does so in a manner that
is the essence of the Pollinator Partnership approach to problem solving -
with all stakeholders at the table and with solid science as the guiding
principle.

Thank you to everyone who works for the health of bees and for a more
sustainable future.  Whatever your perspective on the solutions, your
efforts are going to make the difference for pollinators, and we applaud
your engagement.  Now is the time to get to work to capitalize on the
momentum that Pollinator Week 2014 has provided.  We look forward to
continuing together to ensure pollinator health here in the U.S. and across
the globe, and to measuring our collective progress at the October 2014
NAPPC conference hosted this year by USDA, and by Pollinator Week 2015 and
beyond.  Thank you!

Laurie

Laurie Davies Adams

Executive Director