[Pollinator] Bumble bee on Endangered Species Chocolate bar!

Matthew Shepherd mdshepherd at xerces.org
Wed Mar 5 15:54:57 PST 2014

Hi everyone,

Today I discovered that the filled bar from Endangered Species Chocolate
(http://chocolatebar.com/) featuring a bumble bee has finally reached the
stores! You may remember almost a year ago there was a social media campaign
to select two new animals for ESC’s wrappers. The two winners of that vote
were a bumble bee and a monk seal.

The bumble bee bar is “Blueberry Vanilla Créme Filled Dark Chocolate.” Not
only is it yummy—we had the privilege of tasting it in advance!—but it
supports conservation of the rusty patched bumble bee (Bombus affinis). Open
out the wrapper and you’ll find a profile of the bee. In addition, the
Xerces Society is proud to be included in ESC’s 10% GiveBack program, so
purchasing the bar will help support conservation efforts for the bee.

Matthew

________

Matthew Shepherd

Communications Director

The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation

Protecting the Life that Sustains Us

628 NE Broadway, Ste 200, Portland, OR 97232-1324, USA

 <mailto:mdshepherd at xerces.org> mdshepherd at xerces.org

Tel: (503) 232-6639 ext. 110

Toll free: 1-855-232 6639 ext. 110

Cell: (503) 807-1577

Fax: (503) 233-6794

Stay in touch:

 <http://www.xerces.org/> xerces.org
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Xerces-Society/193182577358618> Facebook
<http://www.xerces.org/enewsletters/> E-newsletter
<https://twitter.com/xerces_society> Twitter

The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation is an international
nonprofit organization that protects wildlife through the conservation of
invertebrates and their habitat.

To join the Society, make a donation, or read about our work, please visit
<http://www.xerces.org/> www.xerces.org.