[Pollinator] Food Conference with a Focus on Pollinators

Sabrina Malach sabrinamalach at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 07:58:59 PDT 2014

Dear Pollinator Peeps,

The Hazon Food Conference (December 29, 2014 - January 1, 2015) at the
Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center in Falls Village, CT, is the only
place in the world where farmers and rabbis, nutritionists and chefs,
vegans, omnivores, and you come together to explore the dynamic interplay
of food, Jewish tradition, and contemporary life. Our annual event brings
together passionate people who are working for sustainable food systems on
multiple levels — locally, nationally, and internationally, in their
communities, and in their own lives. The first Food Conference was in 2006,
and since then has grown into the annual gathering for leaders of the
Jewish Food Movement from around the country.

I would love to speak with you about the possibility of attending the Food
Conference and being one of our featured presenters. I know that our
conference community would be interested to hear your perspective on recent
food trends - and how Jewish tradition influences (and doesn't influence)
your views on these things. You would also have the opportunity to sell and
sign books or dvds or whatever you would like. Many of our presenters
attend the conference with their families, and enjoy the opportunity to
retreat in the Berkshires.

I've included some more information below. I'd love if we could find some
time in the next few weeks to chat on the phone and see if we can make
something work.

All the best,
Sabrina

*About Hazon:*
Hazon is North America's largest Jewish environmental organization, and it
is our mission to create healthier and more sustainable communities in the
Jewish world and beyond. We effect change in the world in three ways:
Transformative Experiences: Programs that directly touch lives in powerful
ways.
Thought-Leadership: Resources for others including teaching, writing, and
advocacy.
Capacity-Building: Supporting and networking partners in North America and
Israel.
Hazon serves a national and international population; members of every
denomination and those who are unaffiliated; intergenerational from
children to seniors, families to singles. Our programs and resources are
designed as entry points for Jews of all backgrounds who are concerned
about the environment and the world.

*About the Food Conference:*
December 29, 2014 – January 1, 2015
At Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center
Join close to 200 thinkers and doers of the Jewish Food Movement at the
Hazon Food Conference – where contemporary food values meet Jewish
tradition. Don’t miss four days of inspiring lectures and discussions,
expert cooking demonstrations and DIY projects, fun kids and family
activities, a rocking New Year’s party, and, of course, delicious,
consciously prepared food.
All-inclusive rates start at $425, and include lodging, homemade kosher
farm-to-table meals, and all activities.
This year's theme is Poultry, Pollinators and Policy
<http://hazon.org/calendar/hazon-food-conference-2014/>: We'll explore *ethical
eating* and learn about the sources of our food through *poultry* and other
foods. We'll understand *sustainable agriculture* through learning about
*pollinators* and other critical elements of ecosystems. And presentations
on *activism and advocacy*, including food *policy*, will show how we could
be creating a more healthy, sustainable and just food system.
hazon.org/foodconference