[Pollinator] Correct Error (NY Times) Science Tuesday

Peter Bernhardt bernhap2 at slu.edu
Tue Sep 23 06:12:03 PDT 2014

Today's issue of The Science Section (NY Times) is devoted to climate
change and endangered species.  Please look at page D8, "On the Cusp of
Climate Change."  There is a blurb on bumblebees by Joshua A. Krisch with a
color photo but that's NOT a bumblebee in the photo.  That looks like a
female carpenter bee (Xylocopa) to me.  Would our entomologists please
check this out?  If this is the case would one of our NAPPC reps please
contact the NY Times and report the error?  This could become a superior
opportunity to invite the NY Times to inspect the NAPPC, interview some of
its organizers and someone (Laurie, Sam?) could act as a spokesperson.

As I lack tact this is not my job.  I would probably say something
demeaning about Mr Krisch to the effect that, "Not even Blind Freddie and
his dogs could be that stupid" (a purely Australian phrase added to alert
an Australian journalist).  Come on Sam, put down your bowl traps, contact
the N.Y. Times and take one for the team.

Peter