[Pollinator] Apis Stowaway

Michael Roswell mike.roswell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 13:23:52 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Thanks very much for the fun responses to the last honey bee query we
got in the Winfree lab. A photographer sent the following to the lab
last week:

I am rather curious if you have ever observed the behavior shown in this
photo. I am a retired HS science teacher who takes macro at arboretums.
I have a second shot that isn't as clear but, there is no question that
this insect is latched on to the pollen sac on the bees rear leg.
Thanks

We're all curious too! Sending two messages because the files are large.

Thanks,

Michael Roswell