[Pollinator] [beemonitoring] Should we tell them?

Carol Dunk carol at caroldunk.com
Tue Apr 28 08:39:59 PDT 2015

Because I am both a bee lover and a gardener, the news that many nursery
plants have been treated with neonicotinoids was dismaying. Have I been
buying nursery plants for my garden only to poison my local bees?

I contacted Proven Winners because many of the annuals and perennials I
buy have been raised by them.  They pointed me to this page,
https://www.provenwinners.com/Bees

So I am assuming that Proven Winners uses systemic pesticides to keep
their product "hole free."

I contacted Michigan U about the page and the reference is indeed from them.

Now I don't know whether to be puzzled or angry.  The neonicotinoid
subject resembles a climate change/no climate change argument.  What is
the public to do if they wish to help not hurt bees.

Carol