[Pollinator] TEXAS POLLINATOR POWWOW 2015 - SEPTEMBER 19-20 - KERRVILLE TX

Carrie McLaughlin carrie.mclaughlin58 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:28:39 PDT 2015

Hello, everyone!

Thank you SO MUCH for your patience.  We know it's taken us a bit longer
than usual to get the word out about the next pollinator conference, but
that is because we have "doubled the fun" this time around!

The *TEXAS POLLINATOR POWWOW 2015* will be held on *Saturday and Sunday,
September 19-20th* in the Schreiner University Ballroom, Kerrville, Texas.
That will put us in the beautiful Hill Country on the clear, cool Guadalupe
River just in time for the first monarchs to be wafting through on their
way to their winter forests in Mexico.

We have reserved a large block of rooms at the uniquely western YO Ranch
Hotel for an incredibly attractive government rate available to EVERYONE.
There are also other enticing places to stay which may fit your interests
and budget- such as the newly renovated Inn of the Hills on the Guadalupe
riverbank just down the road from the university, charming bed and
breakfasts in town or in the surrounding hills, or tent and RV camping at
any number of picturesque natural areas nearby. If you need help with this,
please let us know, or please contact our new best friends, Leslie or
Marie, at the Kerrville Convention & Visitor's Bureau (
services at kerrvilletexascvb.com; 830-792-3535)

The second day of the conference will be "Monarch-Centric" and will end
with a Q&A panel of monarch conservationists taking questions from the
floor.  The first day of the conference will be everything OTHER than
monarchs, and will also end in a Q&A panel of landowner conservationists
who have been restoring or conserving pollinator habitat.  Please look at
this link  http://www.texaspollinatorpowwow.org/conference-agenda.html for
a schedule of our TWENTY gifted and knowledgeable speakers and their
topics.

Our new website includes who we are, short bios of the speakers,
registration information, resources, links to our past events, and a page
of participating institutions who enthusiastically support our community
outreach and education efforts. Please take the time to click on our
supporters' logos to learn more about them, their work and their areas of
concern.

We have a brand new Facebook page!  Be sure to check it out, and LIKE US!
You won't find us frivolous, though.  We'll continue to try to provide you
with the "news you can use". :-)

At least three dozen exhibitors will be with us this time, sharing and
answering questions and providing resources. Please note that there is NO
CHARGE to visit with the exhibitors.  That may be helpful to some of you
who are traveling with your friends or family.  Please encourage them to
stop by and check out the bees, butterflies and bats while YOU relax on
comfortably padded chairs at skirted tables with like-minded
conservationists as you enjoy the excellent presentations.

Near the exhibitors' area is a very large, sofa'ed, and laid-back lounge
room, with pool tables, ping pong, TV, a jukebox and the Lion's Den Cafe
(featuring Starbucks, Blue Bell, wraps and subs, soups, breads, burgers and
more). A good place to take a break with your buddies, or succor your loved
ones for a few hours. Just outside the front doors to the conference center
is a largely shaded, bricked courtyard featuring native plantings and a
perpetual breeze, and a safe place for little ones to stretch their legs.

We have made every attempt to make you and yours comfortable for your
lengthy stay with us on this historic occasion in this historic city.  We
are excited about the outstanding opportunities for you here, and the
resulting pollinator conservation possibilities for our natural resources.
We cannot thank you enough for caring as you do, and we do hope you will
find a way to be with us in September.

Please send this out freely- to all and sundry.  It will give everyone a
chance to participate. Thank you for being generous in this!

With best regards,

Carrie McLaughlin
TEXAS POLLINATOR POWWOW 2015, Coordinator
https://www.facebook.com/texaspollinatorpowwow
http://www.texaspollinatorpowwow.org/
682-459-1684 (c)