[Pollinator] New Revised Versions of the Very Handy Bee Manual Available

Droege, Sam sdroege at usgs.gov
Sat May 2 04:41:49 PDT 2015

All

The Very Handy Bee Manual has been revised and extensively updated.  The
very handy and talented Gene Scarpulla also made what he claimed to be
thousands of edits, to conform to society's grammatical and punctuational
norms.

You can download both .pdf and .doc versions at

http://bio2.elmira.edu/fieldbio/handybeemanual.html

or

http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/nativebees/

You can absolutely do whatever you like with them including
re-incorporating them into your own manuals or translating them into
Lithuanian.

Send any additions or corrections to me and I will add them to the next
version

sam

Sam Droege  sdroege at usgs.gov
w 301-497-5840 h 301-390-7759 fax 301-497-5624
USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
BARC-EAST, BLDG 308, RM 124 10300 Balt. Ave., Beltsville, MD  20705
Http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov

ENTRANCE

Whoever you are: step out of doors tonight,
Out of the room that lets you feel secure.
Infinity is open to your sight.
Whoever you are.
With eyes that have forgotten how to see
>From viewing things already too well-known,
Lift up into the dark a huge, black tree
And put it in the heavens: tall, alone.
And you have made the world and all you see.
It ripens like the words still in your mouth.
And when at last you comprehend its truth,
Then close your eyes and gently set it free.

- Translated from the German of Rainer Maria Rilke by Dana Gioia
--
*Bees are Not Optional*

*Apes sunt et non liberum*