[Pollinator] Fwd: ANOS Vic Group Bulletin May 2016

Peter Bernhardt bernhap2 at slu.edu
Sun Apr 17 14:34:36 PDT 2016

Attached, please find the most recent edition of the Australian Native
Orchid Society.  I gave their Melbourne members a seminar on the first of
April and a written report based on the fieldwork Wendy, Ren and I did on
midge orchids (Corunstylis) in New South Wales from Dec. - March.  This
second article contains photos taken by Wendy and Ren.

Some of you received separate attachments with these talks already but this
is  a very attractive e-journal and you might enjoy the other news and
photos by other authors.   Perhaps something similar to this format might
be emulated by American institutions and societies provided there's some
sort of electronic mailing list available.  Speakers might be encouraged to
write up synopses of their guest seminars, for example, using photos in
their Power Points.  A string of seminars, presentations or posters might
be put together in one journal then mailed to alumni and society members.
For the rest of you here is a look at more Australian native orchids in
bloom and a look at the people who re so passionate about them.

Peter