[Pollinator] Fwd: Passion Flower and honey bees

Peter Bernhardt bernhap2 at slu.edu
Thu Aug 4 05:07:35 PDT 2016

Received this beautiful photo yesterday and thought you might enjoy it.
This comes from a garden in England where  passion flower vines remain
popular (read Tennyson's poem about Maude).  These honeybees are unlikely
to pollinate this flower if you compare the height of the bee to the
heights of the stigma lobes and the anthers but I think our apiculturists
will like it.

Peter