[Pollinator] NEW BOOK -- 100 Plants to Feed the Bees

Matthew Shepherd matthew.shepherd at xerces.org
Mon Dec 5 18:34:25 PST 2016

Just in time for the holidays, we’re very happy to say that Storey
Publishing has released a new book from the Xerces Society, *100 Plants to
Feed the Bees*.

http://www.storey.com/books/100-plants-to-feed-the-bees/

“The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation offers browsable profiles
of 100 common flowers, herbs, shrubs, and trees that attract bees,
butterflies, moths, and hummingbirds. The recommendations are simple: sow
seeds for some plants — such as basil, rhododendron, and blueberries — and
simply don’t mow down abundant native species, including aster, goldenrod,
and milkweed. 100 Plants to Feed the Bees will empower homeowners,
landscapers, apartment dwellers — anyone with a scrap of yard or a window
box — to protect our pollinators.”

It’s already been getting some good reviews. You can buy it at various
brick-and-mortar and online booksellers, and even from our own website
<http://www.xerces.org/store/>. However, if you want it by the holidays, as
much as we’d love you to buy it from us, I have to be honest and say that
we can’t guarantee shipping in time, so you should buy it elsewhere. Still,
it’s more important that this information gets to people who can use it
than we sell books!

Matthew

­----------

Matthew Shepherd

Communications Director

[image: Xerces-logo-CMYK-email_Outlook]

Protecting the Life That Sustains Us

Connect:    www.xerces.org      Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/xerces.society/>     Twitter
<https://twitter.com/xercessociety>     Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/xercessociety/?hl=en>     Blog
<http://www.xerces.org/blog/>     E-newsletter
<https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001HTk7N6nZumLPinBr8VACbNdTXCe732bGu6KpqC13JAKPti_HBe5xyr7t0p4mDfKe2dOsd-TB1qvv772s6GQfVa_SbKKfwBiwl4blH4KvCjq4dpmA2M9UNZ2axlQwu_1Gvjrl2Rb53WUZwsddwCzyorgxedLAaMy3>

628 NE Broadway, Suite 200,   Portland, OR 97232,   USA

Office: (503) 232-6639 x110

Cell: (503) 807-1577

matthew.shepherd at xerces.org