[Pollinator] Just in time for Valentine' Day

Stephen Buchmann buchmann.stephen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 09:54:15 PST 2016

Dear NAPPC folks and pollinator pals,

*Just in time for Valentine's Day, the paperback edition of my new*
*book "The Reason for Flowers:Their History, Culture, Biology, and How They
Change Our Lives" will be published on February 9th by **Simon & Schuster.*

It will be available discounted online (only $13 at Amazon.com) and also in
your
favorite brick & mortar bookstore on that date. Please check it out. The
first three chapters are on pollinators and flowers. Later chapters deal
with how flowers make us smile, keep us healthy and happy, and feed the
world (flowers into fruits and seeds). Learn about the 200 million red
roses purchased every Valentine's Day in the USA.  I also discuss flowers
in literature, art and science, the 19th century secret language of
flowers, the art of perfumery, edible flowers, flowers used in
genetics/animal behavior and much much more. I hope you will check out my
new book about flowers and their pollinators. Please help spread the word,
and consider writing a short 1-2 line review on Amazon. I'd truly
appreciate it!

You can find out more info, see my photos and read blogs at:
www.stephenbuchmann.com

All the Best,
Steve

Stephen Buchmann
Depts. of Entomology and EEB, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
and Scientist-at-Large for the Pollinator Partnership

*Stephen Buchmann*
http://www.stephenbuchmann.com
My new book from Simon & Schuster (February 9, 2016)
*The Reason for Flowers: *
*Their History, Culture, and Biology,*
*and How They Change our Lives*
Discounted now on Amazon.com