[Pollinator] Changing the Topic

Peter Bernhardt bernhap2 at slu.edu
Sat Jan 9 19:51:53 PST 2016

Please excuse the interruption but the attached arrived this morning.  This
message is NOT about Australian plants and pollinators.  Instead, it is an
article I wrote for Orchids Magazine (publication of the American Orchid
Society).  Members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences requested I explain
our summer work in Yunnan in a popular-style American magazine.  Editor Ron
McHatton was very happy to publish this manuscript in "Orchids" and a
second will appear in Spring 2016.  Two more, based on Yunnan work, are
planned.  The article attached contains an inset photo by Dr Retha
Edens-Meier and some photos Dr Ren took during our field trips.  The  two
photos created to me were taken with the iPhone6.

Ron is also curious about the work the Grimms, Ren and I are doing here in
Sydney. A future piece on summer orchids in New South Wales is planned but
we are very busy now as Corunastylis fimbriata is planned.

Peter