[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 07/01/16 (Hot Summer Flowers)

research at hiltonpond.org research at hiltonpond.org
Thu Jul 28 06:35:44 PDT 2016

The current installment of “This Week at Hilton Pond” is all about flowering plants--both native and invasive--found blooming in recent mid-summer heat, with references to pollinators associated with those blossoms. Diverse plant families are represented by close-up images in what may be our most colorful posting ever!

To view the flower photos and anecdotal text for 1-15 July 2016, please see "Early July 2016: Hot, Humid, Windy . . . And Flowery" at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek160701.html

While there please remember to scroll down for a list of all birds banded or recaptured during the period, including our ever-larger population of Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at http://www.facebook.com/rubythroats

Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond
=========

RESEARCH PROGRAM
℅ BILL HILTON JR., D.Sci.
Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org