[Pollinator] Giving seminar, 4 November

Peter Bernhardt bernhap2 at slu.edu
Sun Oct 30 19:37:38 PDT 2016

This is a reminder I am giving the weekly, Friday seminar in Biology at the
Dept. of Biology (floor 3) at 1:10 PM - 2 PM on 4 November.  The working
title is "The Pollination Ecology of Midge Orchids (Corunastylis; or Don't
You Want to See Some Nice Pictures of Australia?

This is a work in progress.  We are in the process of constructing new sets
and I can only discuss initial results without quantification.  The
fieldwork in 2017 is my LAST sabbatical from Saint Louis U.  Due to the
more than unusual taxonomy and morphology of these flowers a lot of time
must be spent on pollination trends, flower resupination and functional
morphology of the Diurideae in general. Don't come if you don't like small
flies.

Peter