[Pollinator] Feral Honeybee Health?

Maraiah Russell maraiah.russell at kidszoo.org
Wed Sep 7 05:51:36 PDT 2016

I think Tom Seeley is one of the experts on this, a list of his many publications is here:

http://www.nbb.cornell.edu/seeleypub.shtml

The wild populations seem to handle the Varroa better, and possibly are adapting. Their natural comb size, frequent swarming, and smaller colony size have all been proposed as reasons why Varroa isn't decimating their populations like managed colonies. I have no idea about the Colony Collapse Disorder.

Maraiah Russell
Fort Wayne Children's Zoo