[Pollinator] pollinator food sources

Barbara Passero bpassero at meadowmaking.org
Mon Aug 7 17:16:18 PDT 2017

Richard Primack, Walden Warming: Climate Change Comes to Thoreau's Woods, and his Boston University research team, examined Thoreau’s and others’ records to show that many plants are blooming earlier in the spring.

Similarly, we are observing in our pollinator-friendly urban meadow in Waltham, MA, that the flowering season is speeding up. For example, some native goldenrod, milkweed, asters, and other plants, which have been September-November bloomers, are blooming now and presumably will be going by sooner.

Many species of pollinators frequent the meadow. Has anyone found ways to ensure that sources of food will be available for bees and butterflies later in the season?

Thank you!

Sincerely, Barbara

Barbara Passero, Director
MEADOWSCAPING for Biodiversity