[Pollinator] pollinator food sources

Lisa Horth lisahorth at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 05:43:18 PDT 2017

Hi Barbara,

Here, the goldfinches have been foraging on the echinacea flower heads (now
seeds) in July and August. The flower heads have looked like you describe
and are now only seeds. The timing of our season (and the heat!) is clearly
different from yours.

I've seen this occurring in the last few years here in southern VA, but
hadn't seen it much here in the past.

Lisa

--

Associate Professor